I offer tutoring to students, one-on-one through Zoom online. Before we start, I like to have a brief consultation with a student and parents/guardians. This consultation may consist of a brief conversation over phone or Zoom and an email questionnaire for the student and parents/guardians.
Here are some typical questions for the questionnaire:
- Grade of the student:
- Area the student needs help with:
- Does this student feel comfortable writing?
- Does the student feel able to write complete sentences, paragraphs, or essays?
- Has the student been diagnosed with dysgraphia or dyslexia?
- Do family members read for enjoyment?
- Do family members watch shows or play interactive games for enjoyment?
- Are there entertaining books in the home?
- Does the student have access to the library, online or in person?
- Does the student have access to writing utensils including a computer, notebooks, pencils, and pens?
- Does the student use social media regularly?
- Does the student use talk-to-text regularly?
Regardless of how students and parents answer these questions, I can tutor the student. I have tutored students who struggle, and I have tutored students who need a challenge.
Cost of Tutoring one-on-one (with parents/guardians nearby and part of the ongoing conversation): $30 for every 40-minute session.
I can work with students’ homework, or I can create writing exercises specific for the student.
Please view my contact page to get in touch.